You buy insurance for the peace of mind that if tragedy strikes, you’ll have something secure to fall back on. Unfortunately, sometimes the security you’ve been relying on lets you down. If your insurance claim is denied in Naples, FL it can feel overwhelming. You might be desperately wondering what to do next – not just to get the money you are owed, but to get justice.
Keep reading to understand your next steps if your homeowners insurance claim is denied in Naples, Florida.
- Know your rights! Insurance.com reminds policy holders to learn what they are entitled to.
- Gather essential documents! After receiving a claim denial notification, gather documents such as your policy, the summary of benefits and coverage and the denial letter.
- Consider how you might improve your claim. If your claim was denied, ValuePenguin suggests that it might be because the evidence you provided wasn’t convincing enough. Try to supplement your claim with additional photos, videos, receipts, and professional repair estimates.
- Prepare a list of questions! You should study your policy and benefits so that you can be informed and efficient when you ask why your claim was denied.
- Call! Contact your insurance company to ask why your claim was denied.
- Take notes! When you contact your insurance company, it’s helpful to make notes about what is discussed, the name of the agent you are talking to, and the time and date of your call. Ask for the agent’s extension in case you need to reach them directly to follow up on your conversation.
- Try to understand why your claim was denied. There are many reasons why your claim might be denied. And remember that even if there is a plausible reason, that doesn’t mean you can’t dispute that reason as being unfair or unjust.
- Understand for sure if your claim is covered in your policy. Maybe there was a fine-print clause or note in your policy that you didn’t know about or understand (sometimes insurance companies don’t explain things well enough or warn you about limits or exclusions!). If your insurance company is disputing your claim with a fine-print clause and the clause doesn’t make sense to you, you might want to talk to an insurance claims attorney to figure out what’s really going on.
- Ask for a detailed written explanation for why your claim was denied. It’s important to have the explanation in writing in case you need to use the explanation in a legal case.
- Write a letter. If the issue isn’t resolved after your phone call, you might need to send a formal written appeal. In this letter, you’ll need to outline why you believe that the denial is a mistake or an injustice. In your letter, you’ll want to strengthen your case by quoting your policy and benefits summary and also outlining expenses that you believe your policy should cover.
- Consider getting a second opinion. If your insurance company doesn’t accept your claim as accurate or justified, you have the option to get an independent appraisal. If it’s worth your time and money, an independent appraisal could provide you with the leverage you need to make a convincing appeal.
- Get legal help! If your dispute still hasn’t been resolved after the above steps, it’s time to contact an insurance claims attorney.
Possible Reasons Why Your Claim Was Denied
There are lots of reasons for why your Florida homeowners insurance claim could be denied. The most common reasons include:
- Your policy doesn’t actually cover what you thought it did
- Your claim didn’t include enough details or evidence
- You or your insurance company had a misunderstanding
- Your insurance company is acting unjustly
We’re Here For You
If your insurance company is mistreating you, refusing to listen to reason, or unjustly denying your claim, it’s time to get serious! At The Law Offices of Michael M. Raheb, P.A., we are prepared to fight for your case and help you successfully claim what you are owed. The insurance policy you’ve been paying for all this time was your lifeline. When your insurance fails you, moving forward can feel impossible. But our experienced legal team is here to walk you through your dispute process and gather the evidence that will convince your insurance company that they have to pay! This isn’t a battle you need to risk fighting alone. Our lawyers can help you get justice, peace of mind, and the money you need!
Denied claim? Insurance companies not listening to your appeal? Contact us today for a free 30-minute consultation. When your insurance company lets you down, The Law Offices of Michael M. Raheb, P.A. is here for you! Call 239-226-0888 or send us a message online.
2423 First Street,
Fort Myers FL 33901
Fax Number: 866-949-0888