MICHAEL M. RAHEB
Michael Raheb has successfully handled hundreds of cases in the state and federal courts of Southern Florida, in both the criminal and civil arenas. He believes in aggressively attacking all aspects of the opposing side’s case to obtain the most favorable outcome for his clients. As part of this aggressive representation, Mr. Raheb makes sure each of his clients’ cases is handled personally and that they have access to his skills and counsel anytime of the day or night.
To arrange a free consultation with Mr. Raheb, please click here.
Mr. Raheb served as lead defense counsel in one of Florida’s most publicized sexual battery cases, State v. Hiatt. The victim’s case received national coverage through personal interviews with Governor Bush and a Lifetime network documentary. Several state laws were passed in the victim’s name. With an offer to the defendant of life in prison without the possibility of parole, Mr. Raheb successfully defended his client, who was acquitted in less than three hours.
Michael Raheb has also:
- Served as Assistant Public Defender
- Been an integral part of an appellate opinion, Young v. Shoap
- Filed dozens of writs of habeas corpus
- Handled jury trials ranging from DUI/BUI to murder and aggravated sex battery.
His educational background includes:
JD—Nova Southeastern University, Davie, Florida, 1997
- Summer Abroad Program University of Geneva, International Health Law, Comparative Analysis of Women’s rights
- Summer Abroad Program At the Sorbonne, University of Paris: Comparative Analysis of European Union Law
- Legal Intern at the Aleph Institute in Surfside, Florida, helping prison inmates with their religious rights during their incarceration
- Legal Intern, Legal Society of Broward County
- Semi-finalist, F. Lee Bailey Moot Court Tournament
MBA—Specialization in International Business, St. Thomas University, Miami, 1994; graduated Cum Laude
BBA—Major in Management, University of Miami, 1992; President’s list, Provost’s list
Fluent in Spanish and French
Mr. Raheb is an active participant in his professional community, holding memberships with the Cape Coral Bar Association,Collier County Bar Association, Broward County Bar Association, North Dade County Bar Association, Collier County Bar Association and National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is also a member of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Lee County and volunteers as counsel/judge for Teen Court in Lee County, Florida.
Mr. Raheb is fully committed to his clients. If you have a legal matter you’d like to discuss—from immigration issues to criminal law matters—contact Michael Raheb today to start planning your course of action.