Why should I choose a Punta Gorda FL criminal law attorney at the Law Offices of Michael Raheb in Florida?
When an individual is charged with a crime in Florida, it could land them in jail, cost substantial amounts of money, and/or damage their future, and basic freedoms, even if the criminal charges are dropped. It is vital to hire an experienced Punta Gorda Florida criminal defense lawyer that can offer skilled representation. Before hiring a Punta Gorda FL criminal attorney, clients should assess their case load, jury trial experience, years practicing in the state, and success rates, factors that may impact a positive outcome to a criminal charge. Criminal defense lawyers make calculated efforts to reduce jail time and fees, avoid and eliminate a criminal record, suspend sentencing, and seek end goals that reduce lasting negative impacts to an individual’s livelihood.
How a Punta Gorda Florida Criminal Lawyer can help your past record
A criminal record can impact a person’s life by disqualifying them from financial aid, or higher education admission; public housing and other federal and state assistance programs; the ability to find gainful employment, and a place to live. Even when a person is exonerated of a crime, proof of an arrest may still show up on public social platforms, including mugshots, making it difficult to conceal a criminal past.
Laws for expungement and sealing of criminal records may keep a person’s criminal past from negatively affecting their life. Florida Statute 943.059 rules are complicated requiring the assistance of an experienced criminal attorney at The Law Offices of Michael M. Raheb, P.A., who can research a case to make certain someone’s offense is not one of the 38 offenses that automatically disqualify a person from having a record sealed according to Florida’s Department of Law Enforcement. A competent criminal attorney in Punta Gorda Florida could be the difference between going to jail and having a lifelong criminal record, or making alternate arrangements to lessen a criminal charge so it can be expunged from a person’s record at a later date.
Legal Representation For Criminal Charges in Punta Gorda Florida.
A criminal lawyer is a worthwhile lifetime investment for individuals who need experienced legal representation against charges for committing a wide variety of criminal activities, including white collar crimes; drug use and distribution; criminal theft; vehicular manslaughter, and DUI charges in Punta Gorda Florida.
White collar crime in Punta Gorda Florida includes a range of fraudulent activity committed by business and government professionals, characterized by deceit, concealment, or violation of trust and are not dependent on the application or threat of physical force or violence. The penalties can be severe because these crimes are not victimless.
Punta Gorda Florida Drug Related Charges may include misdemeanor and felony charges including possession of marijuana, or other drugs; illegal possession of prescription drugs; trafficking, or transporting illegal narcotics; possession with intent to sell; and the manufacture of illegal substances. Drug trafficking is a serious charge, which is a first-degree felony charge and includes the possession, sale, purchase, manufacture, or delivery of controlled or illegal substances. As a means of addressing America’s opioid crisis, Florida law imposes some of the tightest opioid prescription laws in the U.S. necessitating the services of an experienced criminal defense attorney.
- Larceny – taking personal property and not retuning it.
- Petty theft – first degree: taking property greater than $100 but less than $300; second degree: taking property valued at less than $100.
- Grand theft – first degree: taking property from another that is worth more than $100,000.; second degree: taking property valued between $20,000 and $100,000; third degree: taking property valued between $300 and $20,000.
- Theft by conversion – unlawfully keeping property that was obtained lawfully.
- Theft of lost property – keeping property that someone else lost.
- Criminal theft is prosecuted by the state and if a person is found guilty, they can end up with community service, fines and/or prison time.
Criminal DUI/BUI charges in Punta Gorda Florida include driving under the influence and boating under the influence, resulting in DUI/BUI manslaughter, homicide, intoxicated reckless driving and hit-and-run charges. Other traffic encounters that may result in criminal charges include reckless/careless driving, road rate, vehicular homicide, manslaughter, and resisting arrest, or attempts to elude law enforcement. Florida takes driving under the influence of alcohol very seriously, and it is evidenced by the amount of tickets issued for this offense. In 2017 alone there were 43,899 DUI violation tickets issued across the state and more than half, 24,334 of those resulted in DUI convictions.
Punta Gorda Florida DUI charges and penalties.
- A person is guilty of the offense of operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol when driving is affected to the extent that physical faculties are impaired under Florida Statute 316.193. An experienced DUI attorney in Punta Gorda FL can be of great assistance in guiding client’s actions after a drunk driving arrest.
- A Punta Gorda Florida drunk driving attorney can assist with questions about penalties that depend on factors including blood alcohol level, age, property damage, physical injury and repeat offender status, resulting in misdemeanor to felony offense DUI/BUI outcomes may involve costly fines of $500-$5,000, driver’s license suspension and/or revocation, and jail time of 6 months to several years when warranted, along with the state-mandated use of an ignition interlock device. Drunk driving attorneys in Punta Gorda Florida know how to have charges reduced in certain situations.
- Damage to property, or person is considered a misdemeanor of the first degree,
- Serious bodily injury is considered a felony of the third degree,
- Hit and run could yield very serious penalties in accordance withFlorida Statute § 316.062. An effective DUI lawyer may take legal actions to have charges reduced when minor harmful negligent outcomes occur.
Hire an attorney who can offer personalized attention, and has a long history of success in criminal litigation. Call The Law Offices of Michael M. Raheb to discuss the particulars of your case, because a criminal charge is a serious matter. Possible legal strategies for your case may offer a reduction in charges and fines, depending upon the circumstances of the arrest, past criminal history, and the impact of skillful legal counsel.